Welcome to Ohio Valley Gas! We are committed to providing gas service to new applicants and providing additional volumes of gas to existing customers for space heating, cooking, water heating, clothes drying, incineration, pool heating, air conditioning, gas lighting and other uses! This section will provide quick links to features for new and existing customers to better understand how Ohio Valley Gas can best serve you.
Prospective and existing customers desiring new or additional gas service should contact their local Ohio Valley Gas office for information regarding the availability of gas for their specific situation(s).
Understanding My Bill
You will receive a bill for gas service each month. It will be based on the number of cubic feet of gas registered through your meter during the billing month (which will consist of approximately thirty days) adjusted for the heat value of the gas. The gas bill will be mailed (or emailed) about the same day each month and will be due about the same day each month. Click here for better understanding of your Gas Bill
When you apply for residential gas service you will be required to make a cash security deposit unless you can establish credit worthiness by the appropriate method. Click here for Criteria
Billing & Payment Options
Ohio Valley Gas offers different ways for our customers to pay their gas bill. Choose one that is right for you!
- eBill – Receive an email each month when your bill is ready to view. Click here for more information on eBilling
- Budget (Level) Plan – Spread your payments evenly over 12 months and don’t worry about fluctuating bills. Click here for more information on our Budget Plan
- Pay your bill by phone with a debit or credit card. Click here for more information on Debit/Credit Card Payments
- Pay in person in your local Ohio Vally Gas Office with debit or credit card, check or cash.
Having trouble paying your bill?
- Energy Assistance – If you are having trouble paying your bill please contact your local Ohio Valley Gas office to find out more about where you can go for help.
- Payment Extension – If you are having trouble paying your bill and you need to extend the due date on your current monthly bill a payment extension might be an option for you. Click here to contact your local Ohio Valley Gas office to find out more.
Disconnect of Service
At Customer’s Request – If you want your gas service disconnected, you should notify the company at least three (3) working days prior to the desired disconnect date. You will be billed for all gas metered until your service has been disconnected; however, you will not be responsible for gas used after three (3) working days from the date of your request for disconnection. Click here for more information about Disconnection of Service.
Reconnection of Service
If your gas service has been disconnected for nonpayment, the following will be required before the gas service will be restored:
- Payment of (or arrangements to pay) all past due bills for gas service
- Payment of (or arrangements to pay) any required security deposit
- Payment of a reconnection charge
We will restore the gas service within one working day after all obligations for the reconnection of the gas service listed above are met.